Seeking Opinions on Pan World pumps

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lizardarm

Reptilian Disco Biscuit
between a rock and a hard place: (Bremerton, WA)
Good morning everyone,
Like the title says, I'm looking at PanWorld pumps, was seeking feedback from anyone that owns or has owned them. My primary area of concern is noise as the aquarium will be set up in my livingroom.

So while I sit and stare confounded at the eternally leaking Poseidon PS4,
I decide to just replace it. I had picked up a Little Giant somethingorother 4
used with my sump, but after installing it (which required re-working the plumbing) I've decided that the noise is about on par with having my truck idling in my livingroom; so it's coming out. I don't want to re-re-work the plumbing, so I'm wanting a pump that is about the same dimensions as the Little Giant. The PanWorld line seems to fit, and the few reviews that I've seen on vendor sites indicate people are generally satisfied.
Anyhoo...
thanks in advance again
chris

I had a blue line pump, which is the same as a panworld, for a while. They are really nice pumps but they due make some noise. It was not as loud as my genx pumps though. There are some mods you can do to them using a heat sink and a computer fan that reduce the noise quite a bit. You would have to do a search on RC to find the mods.

Brian

I've two Pan world 100px-x pumps running on my tanks downstairs. I like them, and they are quieter than my Iwaki pumps were.

Nick

I owned one...nice pump..quiet and worked well. My issue was support. I had the impellor stop one day so I worked through Marine depot who helped me contact panworld. I shipped my pump back under warranty to panworldUSA and still have not received it back (its been over 6 months now). I have sent emails etc, but no response. I bought an Iwaki and it is running quiet and just fine.

Back