seio 1500 won't hang

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mellowhead

just recieved my seio 1500 and I am wanting to hook it up using the clamp style hang on to secure the pump, but the screw that is used to tighten just pushes through the top of the mount and doesnot screw like it should. SO if anyone has seen this before and has a remedy please advise. Also if you need more of an explanation please say so, I guess I could take pics later.

MH

PS - Seio pumps warn you to disconnect when you service the aqaurium, do people actually do this? I have never unplugged any other pump, but then again I am not sure if they recommended pulling power or not.

MH,

Sorry, but I never did use any of the attachments on my Seio for attaching it to anything, so I'm no help there.

As for the warning to disconnect... I believe its a "Cover your (_,_)" statement, as would come with any electronic device that goes in water. It is always possible for there to be a short in any electronic device (powerheads, heaters... ect.), which is why a lot of people will add a grounding probe in their tanks. As long as that grounding probe is added to the correct type circuit, it will help.

Personally, I just shove my hand in my tank, and do what I need to without ever thinking about it... but its always a possibility.

Back