Seio 2600

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

theres 2 types, one like a stream flow and one that is bulkier and has a built in flow diverter like a sea swirl. which one are you asking about?

i have one, what do you want to know about it?

I'd like some opinions on overall reliability and noise. 2500 seems pretty close to the tunze's 3000 but Ive heard that possibly the seios are over rated and the tunzes have much more than an extra 500gph.

Thanks
Don

reliability is good IMO, mines been running continually for months. noise is good also, the only time i can hear mine is if the mounting bracket gets a little loose and if vibrates. i have no way of telling if its really pushing 2500gph, but the flow is strong. i have one on one end of my 180 and it blows water the full 6'. the only complaint i would have is that the slots where the water goes in to the pump are small and create a lot of suction, and if smaller fish get too close they can get trapped

I have 2 of the 2600s and the controller. Also have a few of the smaller ones... Theres only one design, most owners pop off the outer diverter shell to make it act like a tunze and raise the flow. Strong, quiet, reliable, low power consumption. 2 thumbs up.

Don I had one in my 75. I could barely hear it. It did heat up the tank slightly but then again, it was WAY too large for a 75. That's why I got rid of it. It was WAY too much flow for that size tank. Other than that, I LOVED IT!!

To much for a 75? 7500 for is about right for a 75.:) Thanks Folks

Don

LOL sure 100X turnover would be awesome....as long as you don't mind looking at your fish plastered up against the glass!! But the single 2600 I had was nowhere near 7500.

100x is now where near as much as it sounds, Ive got 120 and am looking into more. The reason for the thread.

Don

I had a little over 100x in my 38gal and the fish loved it! The tank was only 24 inches long at that:shock: Good placement and evenly dispersed seems to be the key.:)

Back