Seio Problem

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mcvicker

Loony Bin
I have a SEIO 620 that had a lot of coraline build up. So I soaked it in vinegar, rinsed it really well, dipped it in limewater (I thought this would neutralize it). Well now i don't get much flow at all. I am getting rotation, but no water flow. Could the impeller be worn out? Is there something I am missing?
-chris

Did you take the Seio completely apart and wash and check the impeller? Mine frequently get clogged up with 'gunk' and once washed thoroughly, work like new again. Run a brush around everything too. I run the larger Seios, and it usually takes a pair of plyers to pull out the impeller/magnet assembly.

Vicki

Also you may want to check the adjustment sleeve on the outside that adjusts the flow. You may have closed it some while cleaning it...

Okay I figured it out. I have an old house without a ground in some rooms. I was using a cheap adapter in the utility room for mixing salt and the phase was reversed. It appears the shaft was spinning in the wrong direction. It is working like a champ now.
-chris

Back