seperating a clown pair then re-uniting?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

chrisdaphish

hi, i have a question .. recently i purchased a pair of maroons... i went over to the guy's house and we tried to catch them. we were only successful in catching the female.. two days later he called me and said he got the male so i went over and picked him up.. while i was floating him in the tank, the female kept on coming over and headbutting the bag/clown it seems like.. will i have to re-pair the female? or should she quickly aceppt the male that was seperated from her for under 72 hours any help is appreciated thanks

chris

I honestly am not sure but, if i had to guess i think they will fight for a day or two and then get back together.

Hopefully these repair! They honestly should, but you may have to protect the male if she decides to beat him into submission...

-Josh-:cool:

haha u guys are a bunch of clowns;) (haha funny joke)

anyways i decided to add the male anyways knowing i could pull him out and put him into a differnet tank if she was too mean... the male went directly to the female... i thought the female was going ot rip his fins off but she brought him straight into the rbta.. so all is well=)

Perfect! It's all a matter of him remembering she's the boss, and not to mess with her! :D

-Josh-:cool:

Back