Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ghazni

ghazni
Please let me know if I miss anything
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Meeting notes:

Membership Fees:

1. Membership for 2008-09 is $30 and not #35.

Action Item on Ghazni to fix the amount on the website

2. Pre-paid stamped envelopes will be provided to at the sponsor stores so people can become the member.

Action Item on Bob to provide self-stamped envelopes with the address. They can be distributed along with posters.

3. Membership fees will be
$30 from September of the new year
$15 from the March of the new year
$0 from the July of the new year (upon ask)

4. There's no no unpaid members. They will hear about things from the reeffrontiers forum or PSAS.org website

Sponsors:

1. PSAS.org account (from gmail) will be used to contact the sponsors. Further, we need the policy document which will be provided to sponsors to contact PSAS member about their upcoming sales and promotions.

Action Item on new president to provide the policy document

2. we need to contact to our sponsors more and alleviate their concerns

Action Item on every board members to do this at their convenience and tell us which sponsors do they pick for frequent
contact

3. Posters need to be provided which will be provided to sponsors.

Action Item on Kris to provide the posters.
Action Item on every board member to provide this to the sponsors along with pre-paid membership cards

Emails:

1. PSAS.org will only contact new members who joined in 2008-09 season. Evite members will be removed. As of now, we've 5 members and 6 board members. People will be be asked to provide their email address when they become member.

Action Item on Ghazni and Bob to remove people from evite list and add the new members over there

2. Policy document needs to be provided for sending out the email from psas.org email account.

Action Item on new President to provide policy document

3. Evite will be used till February 2009 to send out email. After that, events will be posted on reefrontiers.com and the PSAS
website and members will be send email

Action Item on Ghazni to clear this in next event member

THEPSAS.org website needs to be bought from Paul and the website needs to be hosted on Vicki's server. If server cannot be removed, Paul will be asked to put the redirector on THEPSAS.org website to point to THEPSAS.com.

Action Item on Ghazni, Ed and Vicki to get it going and move it on Vicki's machine

Bank Account:

New bank account will be opened in name of Duane and Bob. Once the new president is elected, the account will be transferred under the name of the president and the treasury.

Action Item on Bob and Duane to setup bank account as soon as possible.

President:

New president needs to be selected. Ghazni stepped up to be the president (conditioned on every board member approval). Vicki agreed to announce Steven's resignation on the website and put the nomination process on the reeffrontiers.com.

a. Voting can be done if more than 1 people standup
b. The final person will be interviewed by board members for the approval of the position

Action Item on Vicki to post it on the website
Action Item on Ed to provide feedback on the process

Non-Profir org:
There're concerns about the PSAS not being non-profit org because of liability issues. We need to move it to non-profit ASAP. Board decided to spend reasonable money ($300) for filing and so.

Action Item on Ghazni to invesitgate what needs to happenn with legal for this

October Speaker conference:
1. Need the speaker for October. Can also move the event to Novemeber if speaker cannot be arranged.

Action Item on Ghazni and Ed to figure this one out.

2. Acrylic workshop

Action Item on Duane to talk to Matt.

PSAS board member forum

Action Item on Bob to investigate who has permission to the forum

That's all

I didnt realize we talked about so many things.:shock: I told you I wasn't good at taking notes.

Appreciate the heads up. I have been lurking. I get side tracked easily with family, brother still, and Soccer stuff. Wife planned something Saturday right after game. I was not a happy camper. So I owe you a appoligy for Saturday. I can be reached by cell usually. I can be reached at home also. We have one PC at home. As as of Late. the Kids have been using it for research for school.

Ghazni,

The easiest way to redirect the web site is by adding the following to the main page and deleting everything else.

<html>
<head>
<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://www.ThePSAS.com/index.htm">
</head>

They'll be here without even knowing about it.
No need to even ask Paul.

Vicki

I know how to easily redirect it but I do not have admin permissions :(. I only have content creation and editing permission. Nevertheless, I think we should make it a clean process and solve the problem once and for all so that everyone is a happy camper.

I forgot one more point in the meeting notes and that was to extend BOD offers to member like Jen and ask them to be our representative for KITSAP area. It seems like we need to extend our hand to them or they'll soon form their own club.

This way, we get the members from those extended area and they all become part of Puget Sound Aquarium Society...

I forgot one more point in the meeting notes and that was to extend BOD offers to member like Jen and ask them to be our representative for KITSAP area. It seems like we need to extend our hand to them or they'll soon form their own club.

This way, we get the members from those extended area and they all become part of Puget Sound Aquarium Society...

Who is Jen? I must have missed this during one of the moments several were speaking at one time. :oops:

Vicki

Back