Setting up a RO/DI unit and need help!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

1guydude

So i won a RO/DI from air, water, and ice via PSAS...and now that ive got my tds meter, pressure gauge, and hose fitting i need to set the beauty up! Ive got some extra valves and i dont know where i should place em. Also ive got this auto shut off and DI bypass thing....It says i need to flush the system for like 5min before i start collecting....IDK LOL i need assistance! Any tips or comments....i think its the typhoon3 reefkeeper!

It is a typhoon III. not sure what extra valves you have though. All my RODI's are basic Water General ones. Never got around to buying the fancy stuff.

no one...wth is the fast flush??? Im reading through the instructions...but u know how instructions and sw goes!

I recently bought a Typhoon 5 from Air, Water & Ice. Not too sure how greatly they differ so this all might not help.

Does your fast flush kit look like the one in last attached pic? If so, you just plumb your "waste" line to it. I used a piece of 20 foot tubing I lay out in the front lawn.

The TDS meter was pretty straightforward. I plumbed the inlet probe in the line between the RO membrane and the DI filter. Then the outlet probe is plumbed into the line coming out of the DI filter.

Attachments

• IMG_0579[1].jpg
    IMG_0579[1].jpg
    31.2 KB
  • IMG_0580[1].jpg
    IMG_0580[1].jpg
    44.1 KB
  • IMG_0581[1].jpg
    IMG_0581[1].jpg
    35.1 KB
yep same set up rainy dave! Mine dosent have the tds meter though so i bought a hand held one...it says u have to rinse out the system before using it....do i just turn the knob on the fastflush for awhile...this will make just reg RO right? Than turn the knob back on and i will get RO/DI???
It came with a couple valves (white with blue knobs)....did u use em?
I put my pressure gauge right before the IN outlet...and the back one is the out RO/DI i believe. The fast flush is to the drain or bad water. Im at work right now so i cant tell u for sure...just wish the instructions were a lil better. It talks about a di bypass and ro only but i dont think those are on my system!!!! AHHHHHH i just dont know lol!

Yeah, the instructions were a bit lacking in some areas. I ended up with 2 extra valves also.

When I first set up the unit I ran it until the output was consistently 0 - 1 TDS. It took about 10-15 mins if I remember correctly.

With the fast flush, it is skipping the flow restrictor, so you're still getting RO/DI out the final outlet, it's just at a reduced volume.

Keep in mind, this is all off the top of my caffeine deprived head. :)

mine is set up just like urs...i dont see a flow restrictor! Unless its built into the fast flush?!?!
hmm i think when i get home today ill just hook up the hosing to the drain and output....turn the fast flush on for awhile and test... after bout 5 min.
Drink some coffee or coca colas and get back to me LOL

alright i said f it and hooked up the hoses...turned the beast on and let it fill up....
I put the flow restrictor on for awhile and turned it off...tested and wat do u know 0tds!!!! W00tW00t!
0 TDS being made at my house!!!! Thxs everyone for ur input!

alright i said f it and hooked up the hoses...turned the beast on and let it fill up....
I put the flow restrictor on for awhile and turned it off...tested and wat do u know 0tds!!!! W00tW00t!
0 TDS being made at my house!!!! Thxs everyone for ur input!
Excellent!

Sorry for the lack of response today. I was swapping my 40b to an Oceanic 58. That took up the day.

I'm glad it all worked out for you Devin. Did I ever tell you that you share a name with my son.

Back