setup of Ca reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefferMan

Fish out of water
Ok i have set up a barr 2100 ca reactor. I have the system up and running everything is connected, no leaks or air left. My question is this.

1. Setting the regulator guages, (Where should they be set?)
2. The system has a flow meter but how fast should the affluent be?
3. The system has a PH probe holder, Where should the ph be set?
4. Do you just count the bubles on the bubble counter? Use a watch?

added note.... The PH probe goes into the top of the ca reactor? Thats where i have it now.

Another question i have is this. How do you calibrate the ph probe?

The tank size is about 425G.

DSC02665.jpg

DSC02677.jpg

Gages should be fixed, no adjustment needed.
The effluent is set at a point to keep up with the tank demands. You need to know how much your tank uses up. (mine is a constant drip)
The PH should be set at a point where it dissolves the medium you are using. My PH is at 7.0
Count the bubbles per minute with your watch or clock. mine is at 35 BPM
To calibrate your PH probe depends on which one you have. Mine is set to the PH of the test liquid (high of 10 and low of 7) at I think 70 degrees.

Mainly what you will be doing is trial and error.
Start off with LOW CO2 count in steady SLOW steps waiting at least a day for changes.

PS all of my settings are for my reactor, yours will differ.

What brand of regulator. Post a link to a picture of it. If it has two gauges one is for output pressure and the other is bottle pressure. If it has a big knob on the actual regulator spring then its adjustable. Different regulators react differently but 20psi is a good starting point. If its a MW then 30psi works better because the needle valve is junk.

Don

Back