shark egg question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dviper150

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I have a shark egg that should hatch any day now. the yolk was completely gone on monday and wanted to know how long does it take for it to come out after that. the only source of food in the egg was the yolk and now that its gone, i don't want it starving in there. Do i take it out myself now or give it more time and how much more time? Just don't want it to starve in there. Thanks for the help

NO No No do not take it out on your own.
It will hatch if it is still alive. They can go quit a while without eating after the yolk is gone and even after they hatch it may be a few days until they eat. I know this post was a while ago so what happened?
I love sharks and have raised a few bamboos myself. If you are having an other issues or questions let me know.
Sorry it took so long to respond I am not a very active member as almost all of my corals died a few years ago.

it came out on feb. 10 and still hasn't started eating yet. how long would it take and how long can they go on without food after hatching?

Back