Shark tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Coralczy

So I posted this in the other forum I am a member of so I figured I would post here to. This tank won't be completed until next summer but want to document all parts of the build. We are still in the planning phase to make this happen. This year we built a new fish room and a 24x7ft shop for my husband. Well as he figured I am taking his shop over. By next summer we will have a shark tank that will measure 6ftx10ftx3ft. We are building it out of plywood and fiberglass. It will be more of a look down tank with either MH lighting or LEDs. All corners will be rounded and 3 out of the 4 will be overflow boxes. We are planning to put some large clams in and probably a few fish besides the sharks. I will post pics and updates as we acquire equipment and start the build.

The space we have is only 7 ft wide and he will only let me take 10ft away from his shop so I'm limited to tank size. I am hoping to have a pair of banded bamboo sharks in the tank and maybe a marble cat. If I get my way and can expand the living room off the other side of the house I can make a 10x10 cube but that depends on budget. Guess I should have done the measurements more 10x6x3 considering it will actually be 6 ft wide.

Last edited:
Hey me to, I am rarely tank jealous but I have to say you are living my dream.....congrats, you are such a brat.

P.S. Where's my invite to see the build, don't be surprised if I sneak in for a peak :behindsofa:, LOL.

i have to tag along also. sharks are very cool fish. i have a white spotted bamboo shark. you should check them out. really cool markings on them

Tagging along as well. I love these DIY tanks. Very cool. A local shop here in Lakewood just rebuilt a shark tank after their initial all acrylic tank blew up. They salvaged a big enough piece for the front pane and built a plywood and fiberglass on in its place.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Back