Should i even waste my money?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

usually in tank air pump skimmers are not that good but if they are out of the tank and really tall then they might work.

Personally, I think the title of your post says it all. :D Then again, I haven't tried this product so can't provide any personal experience to back it up.

Yeah lol. I want a skimmer but i really cant afford a $200 one. I was gonna by some skimmers the other day but some one beat me on the bidding.:mad: So i need too look in to getting a different one.

what about the coralife super skimmer needle wheel it seems good. or u can buy a skimmer in bulk and then sell it on ebay.

Yep for a cheap skimmer that may be a little tempamental but it will skim. i like the CSS 125 You should be able to get one for $100.00 i would avoid the 65 to small of a pump.

When they first came out I had heard some mixed reviews. Its not the best skimmer but it will buy you a good amount of time to buy a better one as your system grows.

Definately an upgrade from my first skimmer. I had a Seaclone and believe it or not it produced skim regularily...on a 200g hehe

on my 55 gallon i have the CSS 220, i think the css65 might be a bit small for the 55 gallon,
i have one on my 30 with a 30 sump and i kinda want to upgrade.
only thing about css skimmers is the pumps are a bit loud for my liking, not terrible though, you also have to clean the venturi intake to keep them running well, and yes they can run on hang on back style. do read the directions for them, a lot of people call it a mod to shorten the tube from the pump but it's in the directions i found out later, i also did do the output mod and that was worth it

You might consider contacting Aqua C ... they used to sell factory defect (small blemish) Remora's for about $100 ... worth a call.

Remora hands down!

but i woulnt waste my money on that unless i was planing on cuting and pasteing that sucker up.....
a little DIy

Back