Should I get the Reefkeeper 2

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jeffandlinda

overkill
I got some extra play money for taking the beeper duty (The things i do for this hobby) Anyway I am thinking on getting the Reefkeeper 2. Should I get this or is there something better I should get. Thanks

I have a 125 gal reef with a 100+ gal sump.

I'm leaning towards the RK2, I like the simplicity of dealing with what I consider most important (lighting, temp, pH), ORP and conductivity aren't something I want to get into, for me that would be added maintainance and expense, but that's a matter of individual choice. I also like the fact that you can run it without X10's, I've heard a lot about interference issues with MH etc. Reef Mystique is carrying them, they might have more info, I'll follow this thread with interest...

Hi Jeff,

Yes it's a pretty amazing system. One of those "how-in-the-world-did-I-ever-manage-without-one" items. Have the system up and running on our 400 gallon mixed reef at the store if you would like closer inspection. Also have our entire off-site grow out facility being automated by same system. Digital Aquatics also offers some pretty nifty software (free) called MyReef which allows for you to data log and view your entire system remotely via ISP - too kool!
Best,
Wil

Hi Jeff,

Yes it's a pretty amazing system. One of those "how-in-the-world-did-I-ever-manage-without-one" items. Have the system up and running on our 400 gallon mixed reef at the store if you would like closer inspection. Also have our entire off-site grow out facility being automated by same system. Digital Aquatics also offers some pretty nifty software (free) called MyReef which allows for you to data log and view your entire system remotely via ISP - too kool!
Best,
Wil

Hi Wil
Do you have it in stock? If I ordered it from your store how soon can you ship it out? Also do I need to cal the prob and is it easy to set up? Thanks for the info. I hope to make it to your store one of these days...

Back