Shrimp Compatability, Multiple Shrimp in same tank...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MAreefer

I am a big fan of shrimp but have only keot 2 cleaner shrimp in my tanks and no other shrimp. I am pretty sure that multiple shrimps is going to be a problem due to them being eating when they molt but does any one have multiple shrimp in the same tank or know if multiple shrimp can be compatable.

These are the shrimp I am looking into getting,

Banded Coral Shrimp
Harlequin Shrimp
Sexy Anemone Shrimp
Glass Anemone Shrimp
Randall's Pistol Shrimp
Cleaner Shrimp
Fire Shrimp

Harlequin Shrimp

Not for beginnes. You will need to feed it live starfish as that is all it eats. At time CBS can get very aggressive and will kill other shrimp.

sometimes pistol shrimp eat other shrimp i hear, i'm thinking of getting three types, cleaner, peppermint and sexy amenone, and i believe all those are compatible together

Boomer said:
Harlequin Shrimp

Not for beginnes. You will need to feed it live starfish as that is all it eats. At time CBS can get very aggressive and will kill other shrimp.

Yes If I kep them I would bulk order Linkias and keep them in a low-flow sump that has diatom buildup. I would feed 1 linkia about every 3-4 weeks.

i dont think this will help but my 2 peppermint can sure eat the hell outta the tank, some times i have to feed other inhabs by hand do to the fact that the shrimp steal everything from everyone

Well I plan to set up an auto feeder to dispense sinmking pellets and I am going to make them drop in front of a stream to dispense the pellets all over the bottom so hopefully everythng gets there fill

Back