shrimp

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ninerfoelife

i have a 60g reef. i have 2 cleaner shrimps, and 1 fire shrimp. would i be able to add a mated pair of coral banded shrimp OR a pistol shrimp. would they be fine together. or should i just leave what i have.

I never had a problem with pistol in with skunk, a fire shrimp, and a coral banded. The banded has a definate territory but it all works out.

i'd stay with what you have rather than add shrimp that *may pose a problem, maybe get a couple of peppermints if you want another shrimp

I've kept all of those shrimp, and my only concern would be the Coral Banded's getting aggressive with the others. But I still think you'd be okay with them in a 60 gallon. I've kept mated pairs of CB shrimp in a 30 gallon with a pair of skunk cleaners with no issues.

I think you'd be fine either way.

Nick

I agree you should be fine. I had two coral banded (unpaired) , with three cleaners and about 7-8 peppermint shrimp. The only thing you should expect is to see the coral banded's occasionally walk towards others with both arms up way over their bodies. Thats been my experience. Never saw any physical fighting otherwise.
Brett

Back