Sicce PSK 2500 replacement?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tat2z_21

tat2z_21
My Sicce PSK-2500 pumps do not like to restart after I unplug them or after a power outage. So what I need to do is find out where I could get these or if anyone knows where to get them for a little cheaper. Or what can I do to make these work better.

Do you have the new improved impeller? Its lighter and makes a big difference over the original one. You can also get the red demon impeller, I understand this one works better then the original and better air numbers.

Do you have the new improved impeller? Its lighter and makes a big difference over the original one. You can also get the red demon impeller, I understand this one works better then the original and better air numbers.

I don't have the new impeller. I will look into it though.

when was the last time you took them apart and cleaned them?

What they come apart? Just kidding. I have not yet. Well to be honest I had them off and I tried to get the front off, and well did not put that much effort into it, to be honest. I did soak them in 50/50 water and vinegar. But I should have taken them apart when I did that as well.

So with the mesh mod how often do you have to remesh it. Just wondering because I have a pump that I am using that was mesh modded and the mesh didn't seem to make it as long as the pump. (pump on my Sapphire BC29 skimmer)

So with the mesh mod how often do you have to remesh it. Just wondering because I have a pump that I am using that was mesh modded and the mesh didn't seem to make it as long as the pump. (pump on my Sapphire BC29 skimmer)

I will take the white pinwheel off my old magnet and put it on the new one.
The mesh works nice but as you mentioned, needs frequent replacement as it breaks down...

For the added work involved in the mesh on that pump it doesn’t seem worth the time and damage to the pump if it comes apart. The new pinwheel will give you better numbers then the original. The increased air amount you get with the mesh is almost negligible compared to the new improved pinwheel air numbers.
I have had no start up issues using the new setup. The old one was a definite a problem child.

Erik,
Are you running a SICCE psk-2500? So buy the mesh modded one and the white pinwheel? That is almost 120 dollars just to fix this. Damn saltwater gods you have done it again. How do I explain to my children that I have gone through their college fund to support my addiction.

Contact Luke at reeffiltration.com and ask what the new white pinwheel/volute/venturi and magnet combo will cost. Might be better than buying all the parts at different places and paying for separate shipping.

Luke’s the man for parts
I had to send mine into to Luke because the first one was screwing up something bad. Fortunately the new impeller had just come out and I have no problems with it now. I really don’t know about buying a mesh impeller. I know Luke can make it for your but I don’t think I would bother. The air intake with the new impeller is higher and the bubbles are finer.

Back