Silencing a Pump???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
i am using my Mag12 as my return pump on my 120g.. the foam pad fell off that came with it.. i no longer have it.. is there something else that won't be toxic that i can put under the pump to help with vibration and sound????

I have used the silicone hot pads, that you would use in your kitchen.
I did a google search to find them.
If you think it may be something you'd like to try I have a couple I could send you.
pm

unplug it?

no no

i have mine siting on the back bracket peace/holder for the maxi jets... the little bracket has the 3 suction cups

The things you can do to make most pumps quieter.

Rubber spacer under the pump. A good spacer to get is a silicone pot holder from Wal mart or your local dollar store. Flexable line on the pump inlet and outlet for a short distance. I like to use spaflex rather than vinyl. Vinyl can kink and the barb fittings to use it put a large restriction on the flow.

Kim

there is a kitchen store a few blocks from me.. i forgot to go look today.. i am going to try to find one of those hot pads

i looked at Walmart and couldn't find anything that would work.. i found a couple things that would work, but they had some sort of chemicals on them... i ended up using two of the little ring sponges that came with my skimmer.. it is perfectly silent now!!!!

Back