Simple lighting question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ynotme4886

I have finally ordered a slight upgrade to my current lighting system and have a few quick questions.

I currently have a 38gal FOWLR setup. It contains about 30-35 lbs of live rock 6 Nassarius snails and 2 fish.... A Keyhole angel and a Clarkii clownfish.
I have never had any phosphate in my tank and at the worst my nitrate will hit 5 ppm. Calcium and hardness are good as well.

The lighting system I have added is as follows
36" Aquarium Power Compact Light 192 watts
* 96W x2 straight pins configuration
* Night effect Lunar LED x3.
1x 96W 12000K daylight PC bulb, 1 x 96W Actinic 460nm PC bulb, 3x Lunar LED bulb.

Now the questions... Each bulb has its own switch. How many hrs a day would you run the daylight bulb...the actinic bulb and are the lunar lights really worth using? How often should they be changed?
Can I use this setup to add some easy corals to my tank or howabout an anemone (would love one for the clownfish) Also what type of anemone is the easiest to take care of ?

Thanks for all your help

Ynotme

Hi Yknot! If your running the lights on timers then you can start off with the white lights & later the others & reverse that at the end of the day, say around 10 hours would be pretty good for FO tank. It wouldn't hurt to just have them all come one & off at the same time, I did that a while with no problems. You should be able to keep mushrooms, plenty of softies, Maybe some LPS like candy cane, I like the yellow leathers for color but you can get a good mixture of softies! Can't help with The anemone I only had one & got rid of it:)

Back