Skimmer Advice

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

aeris

I have a 125g(30g sump) tank and I'm planning an aggressive setup. Which skimmer would you guys recommend?! right now I have a Clean-Up 125 Won Brother HOT Protein Skimmer.....but I don't think it will cut it :doubt: .

Have you thought about making one, we have a workshop showing every detail on how to?

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8028

Are you planning aggressive sps or aggressive fish? I like the Euro Reefs, or actually the cheaper copies, If you look at the sponsors pages you can get a ASM G3/G4x at a reasonable price, you may want to go the extra mile and get a nice custom, several sponsors here make awesome skimmers, depends on your budget also I guess, just tossing ideas out there for you.

Aggressive fish... a puffer, trigger, angel..... heavy load. I don't have all the $$ to spend, but I don't want to buy a skimmer that just won't cut it for the fish I want to have. :confused:

I have the ASM G-3, got it from www.vividaquariums.com a sponsor of this site. It is a awesome skimmer. My tank looks like the fish and corals are swimming in air. Easy to use and set up. Well made and packaged. Very happy with it. I think it is the best value for the money spent. Steve

Either something like steve said or maybe a skimmer from jon at reeffantasea. HE is a sponsor.

aeris - I don't know if this thread will help, but I really like mojoreef's post. Have you thought about running ozone on this tank? Upgrading Help

reeffantasea, just made me a fluidized reactor, dual chamber it works awesome, I'd purchase from him again anyday.

I would agree with Nikki, use Ozone. It will allow you to run a less then adequate skimmer and still get great results. If you go that route make sure you ask/research on setting it up.

Mike

Back