Skimmer choice

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pitbulldrummer

Ok I want some opinions/suggestions. I have a 90G mixed reef w a 55G sump. I was all set on the octopus extreme200 and some guys said the Reef Devil would kill it, and its cheaper! Which is better in Your opinions??

out of the 2 you posted i would go with the octo and not look back compared to the reef devil

Ok I want some opinions/suggestions. I have a 90G mixed reef w a 55G sump. I was all set on the octopus extreme200 and some guys said the Reef Devil would kill it, and its cheaper! Which is better in Your opinions??

wow...do me a favor and go to that person's house, ring the doorbell, then smack him in the face for me?? tell him skimerwhisperer sent you.;)

but seriously,
....that person isnt paying attention.
the sicce psk2500 on the extreme 200 with a red demon pinwheel or mesh modded will do 40scfh, with regular pinwheel it will get about 30-35 depending on brand. and it will get this power for 25watts.
the reef devil skimmer body, cant even take that amount of air, even if you found a way to give it that much... (which would be by putting a beckett injector on it, instead of the regular ETSS injector, and feeding it with 2000gph from a high pressure pump), but you'd be spending 200+ watts to get that 40scfh versus 25watts to get 40scfh with the sicce, plus the reef devil has no bubble plate for turbulence, and virtually no dwell time comparably...
not even in the same ballpark.

BTW, get the SWC extreme 200, not the octopus version, it's not as good, plus they stole the design from SWC.

I have an SWC160 Cone, and it kicks butt. I'd go with the SWC160 Cone or maybe the SWC180Cone. The SWC160Cone has a nice price tag of $250, and does a great job. Great footprint too.

Has to be run in a sump though.

Back