skimmer for reef tank...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tjmallory

I have a 30 Gal Reef tank that I am in need of find a better skimmer for. Right now I only have the CPR Skimmer that sits in my sump. Any suggestions on the best reef skimmer? .

I am trying to purchase stuff that is more then I need for this tank, as the plan is to step up to a larger acrylic tank with a build in overflow when I find the right one.

Thanks for the help....

Last edited by a moderator:
What size tank are you looking to upgrade to? I had a 29 gallon when I first started and had a HOB Skimmer, the Aqua C Remora. It worked really well. There are others of course that sit in sump if you are looking for that. Also, what price range are you looking in? That may help others with their suggestions to you. Good luck!

I want to move into a tank that will just be a fragging tank.... as well as one that is around 125Gal... basically I am just looking to see what is out there. I am not sure about skimmers, I don't really understand them totally.

As far as price range goes, it seems like the good ones in the store are around $200+ I am just looking to find something better then what I have for a good deal. Something until I upgrade again. Or one that is so nice that I just transfer it to my larger tank later.

Thanks, hope that clarified

Back