Skimmer help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lmannan

Ok so I just got the swc skimmer 230 cone like suggested but this thing is makding me go crazy. I can not keep it from over flowing. I will get it set then look an hour later fine but then I look later that day and bam over flowing like crazy. I can not figure out why im not doing anything to cause this that I can think. Please help me

I'm not great with skimmers myself as I haven't dialed mine in right yet either but I think that might be your problem.
What you need to do is set it low so that it's not really getting anything into the cup and wait a day or two and see if it starts getting higher on it's own and producing skimmate. If not then you need to SLOWLY dial it in with whatever the SWC uses to adjust the bubbles. Just keep doing slow increments every day or two. Don't try to adjust it so that it's skimming right away or it will probably overflow as you said it has. You also said that its new so you need to allow for a few days/weeks for it to break in before it will get the real good brown stuff you want it to get out of the tank. Hopefully this will help you out a little bit.

Ok so I just got the swc skimmer 230 cone like suggested but this thing is makding me go crazy. I can not keep it from over flowing. I will get it set then look an hour later fine but then I look later that day and bam over flowing like crazy. I can not figure out why im not doing anything to cause this that I can think. Please help me

hey sorry i missed this... :(
did you figure it out yet??
im guessing it has to do with your sump water level...
how much water is the skimmer sitting in??

Ya I figured it out haha. It was the level of the water I did not realize that my sump had 10 inch baffels. But its all running amazing now.

Back