Skimmer, Nano

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mopar Reefer

I need a cheaper hobby!
Looking for a good one for a 24 gal nano, whats the best choice? Tank bio-load is going to be very small.

I had an Aqua C Remora (nano version) on my 24gal aquapod and for me, it did the trick. Just make sure to upgrade the pump to a maxijet1200 rather than use the 900 if you go that route. :)

I would suggest a bubble magnus. They are pretty inexpensive and work very well. I've had remora's and a dozen or so other hot's and the remora is the worst performer of them all. (No offense to Krish : ) Krish must have gotten one that works, one of the 5%

ive been running a 24gal aquapod too for 3-4 mos now without skimmer,just constant weekly water change..everything is doin good so far though its getting overstocked with corals..i have 2 clowns,yellow watchman goby,coral banded shrimp,pepper and a pajama cardinal..(yes i know over loaded)..im upgrading to a 55gal soon..:) lots of rocks:):D

You could also check out the new Euro-Reef Nano series, they have a unique model for each of the major AIO's and the prices seem to be fairly reasonable. Robbert, the guy who is running the Nano division of Euro-Reef is also very accomodating about customizing individual skimmers for people.

im also in the same boat i have a 20 long with a section on the side blocked off. are there any other suggestions. i heard aquatic life mini for the price wasnt bad? but come on 60 bucks i cant imagine it working that well

The euroreef is janky.........tiny resun pump.....pass. Its like the aqua euro that all the dealers dropped. The bubblemagnus similar skimmer pulls twice the air and is half the price.

The euroreef is janky.........tiny resun pump.....pass. Its like the aqua euro that all the dealers dropped. The bubblemagnus similar skimmer pulls twice the air and is half the price.

yes, true it is a janky resun pump on the ER...but that alloy mesh wheel works pretty damn good, makes small bubbles...
but, I choose the bubble magus over the ER too, just think it's the next best skimmer is all.
Luke, do you know if nuocean is going to carry the maxi-jet w/pinwheel and venturi for sale seperately??
and if they have released the 300lph pinwheel for the mj-1200?

Yea, not sure whats up with the orange color. The one i run on a 20g is pulling out alot of nog though. I dont know if NO is going to sell the pump's seperate, just shoot him an email, i'm sure he would. Not sure if they will use the larger pw either. The one they are currently using pulls around 230-250lph. The large pw absolutely rips. The foam head is like 4" tall, pulls around 350lph. I still don't like the resun, those things die on a daily basis.

ill 2nd the Remora Nano.. I have a regular remora and a nano remora

the nanos maxi 900 isnt enough tho... just get a 1200 and it will work great.

Back