Skimmer Overflowing Problem

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

makeme1098

Reader
This is something new to my system.
I am having problem with the skimmer overflowing time to time (this winter) and not 100% what is causing this.

Possible causes I already checked.

-Food (switched between homemade and store bought frozen)
-Skimmer water level: lowered to see if it overflow and it did
-Dosing: took them offline

Seems like problem happens when the dehumidifier is on during the night. But it's not every time thing. (tried all setting low to high)
I suspect Hydor ATO maybe the cause for the following reason.
-Temp Sensor
-Start to end of ATO is longer than what i'm used to which was JBJ ATO.

One thing i'm going to try would be lower the sensor placement in the sump to see what happens.

Any imput would be appreciated.

When the ATO runs, is it getting the water level too high for the skimmer? I mean, could it be running THAT much?

When the ATO runs, is it getting the water level too high for the skimmer? I mean, could it be running THAT much?

That was my original concern so i lowered the water level in Skimmer. (way below the skimmer neck) But it still flooded.

New top off container? Container has a lid? Anything else running on a timer in your tank (besides the lights)? Do you pull air from outside for the skimmer to combat pH? CO2 scrubber on it?

New top off container? Container has a lid? Anything else running on a timer in your tank (besides the lights)? Do you pull air from outside for the skimmer to combat pH? CO2 scrubber on it?

i have three 5-gallon jugs I use in rotation. (with lid0
I have 2 BRS doser on timer and air is being pulled within the stand.

Since last week, i lower the Hydor ATO sensor to a lower position. Which lowered the water level in last sump chamber where the return pump is.
Another thing i noticed was that Maxi-Jet I use to circulate the sump water was clogged and after fixing that, i noticed that bottom of the skimmer was trapping excessive amount of air bubbles so maybe that was another cause....

I take it. Uve cleaned ur skimmer and pump/impellar?!
Soaked in vinegar and rinsed in hot water? Info plz.
D

Back