Skimmer update

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reefbound

Some of you may know I was trying to put a new pump on my NW-150 and opted to buy a new skimmer. I was going to get a MSX-160 but after talking to few people I went ahead and ordered the larger MSX-200 and well after stareing at it for an hour I figured out how to squeeeze it in to the space I had.I hope it works as well as the NW-150 after three days. Well enough talk,this would be better with a few pics. :D

:lol:So how many cans of grease did it take to squeeze that thing in there?
Looks pretty good though; those are supposed to be great skimmers.

Actually it fit right in after I figured out which way to put the adjusting pipe... Anyone have any tips on this skimmer? Right now I have the needle impeller on this because the mesh modded one arrived broke.I just hope this will be better than my NW150, because that thing was amazing.

The 150 stock pulled around 5scfh of air and around 15-20 fully modded. This one pulls 30scfh as a pw so it will blow it away. Just let it go for a couple weeks and put the foam head at the bottom of the neck for now, then adjust slowly. And just keep it in 8-10" water. Thats about it : ) And dump warm to hot freshwater down the venturi tube once a week to eliminate salt creep.

Although it only pulled about 5 scfh this skimmer has worked flawlessly and pulled loads of skimmate out. I have the bubbles breaking just at the bottom of the cup and now after 9 or 10 hours its starting to form a thick wall of foam moving up the neck. Hopefully I can get the new mesh modded impeller soon. The new skimmer is sitting in 10 inches of water and seems ok. I'll have to keep the hot water tip handy. Thanks.

I figured I would give one more update on this skimmer. It has been running for three days now it its pulling some awful looking skimmate out. Im really looking to get the new mesh modded impeller from the company I purchase this from because mine was broke upon delivery somhow. Anyway it seems to be working very well even after only three days... here's a pic ...

GROOSSSSSS I love it
I'm gonna get the 250 for my set up!!
SKimmerwhipperer says they are just a "bubble king" with cheaper, thinner acrylic and what not!!

Back