Skimmer venturi

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

showjyr

I've been doing some reading and have found that the stock venturi on the ASM's are garbage, I'm not really that surprised.....anyone who's ever looked at one of them would understand why.

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement venturi that would be of better quality or where I could have one made?

that's actually euroreef's old venturi that asm uses...
It's not too bad, but it's too far away from the impellar, and they dont really dial the restriction in for each pump model.

which pump are we talking about here, and my next question, do you have any money to upgrade?? asm's in general are kinda sucky...

I know it has it's issues and can be greatly improved that's why I'm looking for something better. It's an ASM G-2 with a Sedra 3500......the skimmer is already recirc modded and will soon be mesh modded, I only traded a couple corals for the setup so I can't complain too much.

I'll upgrade to an MSX 200 Extreme eventually but I just got done dumping money into the tank and it's being filled right now, that and my Vortech MP40w just arrived so I can't spend too much anytime soon.

well, you could mod the volute into a new venturi, but I'd say just leave it if it's going to be mesh'ed as well as recirc'ed, and then replaced by a SWC extreme 200...
just boar out the air post to allow as much air as possible.

Yea, i wouldn't advise meshing it as the pw does fine on that guy. Like skimmy said the venturi needs to be closer to the pump. The closer you get the better it'll work. You can create a venturi that is 1/4" id air injector with a 1/2" restriction and it will work for you much better.

Back