Skimmer whisperer, Skimmer whisperer, Skimmer whisperer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tat2z_21

tat2z_21
So I said your TAG three times so you are now supposed to appear out my sump, like candyman. I need help. I just recently was lucky enough to come across a Biocube 29 and the sapphire skimmer that goes in it. Well the skimmer isn't working properly. I took it apart and found that the mesh on the impeller is almost gone and only a disk. I have looked online and apparently Sapphire has gone out of business. I can not find replacement parts any where. Now that i have rambled enough. What can I do to make this thing better then it is now. Any help would be awesome.

Alright is there anyone out there that knows anything about the sapphire skimmers and replacement impellers?

Oh hey sorry about that mytee, We must have posted at the same time. I thought I could, but never have. Where do I get the mesh.

do you happen to be able to see the name of the pump???
they used a few different ones...
but yeah, as mighty said you can always re-mesh that puppy...
but smaller impellers are a bitch to mesh mod...
if your ever im my area, you can bring it to me and ill do it for free. :)

or i could walk you through it as well if u need, just drop me a pm.

Last edited:
looking like I need to order some Enkamat. Is this something that HomeDEpot might have or ACE hardware.

Sweet, so I know this thread has been pushed back. But in the last month I received some gutter guard material from TJL -Todd, and was able to re mesh this thing with some material from Home Depot. Not sure of the efficiency, but it is definately pulling some air and making some good skim mate for this little tank. I do appreciate all of your guys input.

Back