skimmer ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

daytonaconnecti

i have been using a remore for awhile now, and i have had it set to prduce fairely wet/dry skimate, just this past week it has been pulling out so of the wetest nastiest green looking junk i have seen sence it has been working, is this normal? about a 1/4 cup every other day...it get all over the cup you cant even see inside it...

It sounds like it found some good stuff to clean out of your tank. Have you added anything new to the tank?

mmkeeper said:
It sounds like it found some good stuff to clean out of your tank. Have you added anything new to the tank?
nothing new. i had my blenny, die, and my coral shrimp, made a meal of him , before i could get most of the remains out....

Mine played the fool for a while and I had to open the gate valve a bit. Steve's right though...They'll go for a while without producing anything and then Walla! Mine produces the most during the night:)

Is it supposed to be foam that is in the collection area? Mine starts to foam out of the reaction chamber a little, and turns into a nasty green/brown water in the collection cup

thats normal when you have a die off like you mentioned.... Dont change anything on the settings...

Back