Skimmers opinions for sump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Josh88
I assume this is for your 28 redo?
The Eshopps PSK is probably the best bang for the buck. Many here have had this one time or another, and seem to think it is a great little skimmer.

If I were you and you needed to know which one works the best Shoot SKIMMY a PM He will know!

Stay away from the Coralife...I just got my BM nac 3.5 today and I have heard great things about their performance and the footprint is great for those with small sumps. I would also look at the BM curve series...:)

@Peppie- Yeah I like the psk. it looks like it's going to be perfect. Only thing that holds me back is I know I'm going to upgrade tanks in the future. So I looked on another form and found a guy selling his bm 3.5.
@Dailydriven911- yeah I like it. The curve is way to big for my tank which is only 38 gallons including my soon to be custom sump. Which completely filled is 13 gallons

Optimus G

I would hit up skimmy, I did for my 90g and he recommended a few options and I ended up choosing the BM Curve 7 for my 90g w 20g sump.

I also have a 34g with a similar sump. Skimmer area is 11x11 and a filter sock and refuge takes up most of that space. I can just barely get the skimmer to fit but it works. I love the look and it's build quality is good. Pump seems to be a bit loud though so I hope the noise subsides. :)

@Peppie- Yeah I like the psk. it looks like it's going to be perfect. Only thing that holds me back is I know I'm going to upgrade tanks in the future. So I looked on another form and found a guy selling his bm 3.5.
@Dailydriven911- yeah I like it. The curve is way to big for my tank which is only 38 gallons including my soon to be custom sump. Which completely filled is 13 gallons

Optimus G

Back