Skimmy, tunze question.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DonW

R.I.P.
Is there a draw back to plugging the pee hole on my 9010? The dribble is driving me nuts.:)

Thanks
Don

Is there a draw back to plugging the pee hole on my 9010? The dribble is driving me nuts.:)

Thanks
Don

lol, the one in the back i assume...
tunze says it's suppose to do that in order to operate properly, but i honestly dont know what will happen if you do block it...i assume it might make the level higher in the skimmer body causing it to cut off the air (the 9010 does this on purpose to clean the venturi with water every time you take off the cup)
but i'd say just stick a suction cup over it and find out for sure

Doesn't make a difference. In fact I have no clue why they (Tunze) even put that there in the first place. A lot about this skimmer doesn't make sense to me :) I hope you have a newer version of the 9010, the old ones were POS and would not skim worth their salt.

Doesn't make a difference. In fact I have no clue why they (Tunze) even put that there in the first place. A lot about this skimmer doesn't make sense to me :) I hope you have a newer version of the 9010, the old ones were POS and would not skim worth their salt.

The skimmer works fine for its size and skims well. It does matter. I figured out it sets the water level. Plugging causes the water level to rise higher than desired. I made the hole bigger and added a tube so no more noise.

Don

Hmm the one I played with before wouldn't do anything even with or without the hole plugged. The water would just rise to the base of the neck and leaked out there. Maybe yours is a newer model that had a better design.

Back