Slightly different ich question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

stalefish

So I've got ich in my quarantine - broke out at 19 days! I'm going to treat w/ hypo-salinity. My question is this - I have a very small cleanup crew in there that I need to get out. If I move a few snails to another tank is there a chance that some ich cysts could get transmitted w/ them?Thx,-Don

yes. you will have to water change them several times and pray there are no Klingons. Hypo is pretty hit and miss, requires very good concentration and accurate devises, why not cupramine?

Those Klingons are always causing problems.
1283643456976.gif

So I've got ich in my quarantine - broke out at 19 days! I'm going to treat w/ hypo-salinity. My question is this - I have a very small cleanup crew in there that I need to get out. If I move a few snails to another tank is there a chance that some ich cysts could get transmitted w/ them?Thx,-Don
Separate quarantine for inverts works fine while hypo treating fish in the QT tank converted to hospital tank.

yes. you will have to water change them several times and pray there are no Klingons. Hypo is pretty hit and miss, requires very good concentration and accurate devises, why not cupramine?
Hypo is only hit and miss if not done per the book. Copper is great, but csan be more of an advanced tech due to requires more testing.

I've never had an issue w/ QT and hypo. All I do is drop the salinity down to 1.008 as per Lee's instructions, drop in a pH probe to monitor pH, and start a drip of ro water with sodium bicarb added to maintain both pH and salinity.

Nick

Back