Snail & worms

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

07FocusST

Ok, I know that I am very tired but I was watching my Nassarius (sp?) Snail lay eggs all over my front panel of my aquarium. At that time I notice about 5 or 6 small worm like objects under my snails foot. They didnt seem to bother the snails. They almost resemble 1-2mm long bristle worms that were squirming along to swim towards my flashlight and snail. Anyone have a clue what they are? I can only guess baby bristle worms. Lights are off. They are too small to take picture of... almost too small to see clearly. My vision is not the greatest right now. Thanks

Leslie is the worm expert here Derrik. I'll move the thread to her forum for you. She gets excited when she hears the word "worm" :p

All very true but I do need to see images to really understand what (or who) we're talking about here. You were pointing a light at the snail & worms were moving towards it? Many polychaetes & other animals are responsive to bright lights at night. Spawning is timed to the full moon; artificial lights can set off the same behavior. Most tanks contain many species of small critters that are never seen because they live in the rock or sand, and most of them are harmless.

I would guess that they are sand dwellers. I dont have a camera that will take their pictures... heck my eyes could barely focus on them. Didn't seem to bother the snail. Tank still seems normal, nothing out of the ordinary so far.

Back