So I went from this to this...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dailydriven911

sps addict
I downgraded to a 20 long...well I like to think I upgraded because I like it alot better! I think the aquascaping looks alot better than the 25 gallon and it's 6" longer which fills the space it occupies much better. I did this on this last Sat because well I was just bored...:D I bought an aquaclear hob filter that's rated up to 70 gallons to keep the water clean and I'm looking at getting the deltec mce300 so I can shoot for sps this time around. I only have a few corals for now but I did just purchase a true rbta for my gsm from barrier reef. I also changed my bulb over to a reeflux 12k and I'm very happy with the color a crisp white/blue color. I was going to go bb but decided I liked seeing the sand in the tank it just looks more natural so I put a thin layer of sand just under 1". For flow I'm using (2) hydor koralia 1's and along with the aquaclear I'm getting 1100 gph or just over 50x of turnover so I'm good there. I also tested my water the next day and wow all parameters were stable and right on.:D Let me know what you guys think I made a quick movie too...my old tank is in my sig (well not for long):lol:

Attachments

• newtankpics 007.jpg
    newtankpics 007.jpg
    71.5 KB
Last edited:
Looks great!!! Sometimes going smaller is an upgrade in a sense! I've done the same thing many times until I took it too far the last time :shock: :p

nice stuff man althought i can see that rbta filling ur tank by its self man ive seen sum big ones and they do grow fast best of luck and nice tank

Thanks krish75! I'm going to buy just a few more sps (green/purple rim cap, pink mille, and another tricolor) and call it good. I'll let everything grow and fil out the tank. Any suggestions guys?

Thanks,

Jayson

Back