So upset with tunze

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

Im so upset, and I didnt think that it would be like this,

i haven't lost anything in so many years.. my tank is flawless And i just looked at my tank and my scopas tang is sucked to the GD outlet of my tunze pump Eff'n stupid tunze running backwards again,

Ive been down this road with tunze like 3 times already... and they keep sending me Improved impellers and bla bla bla, but this time it killed a perfectly good healthy tang, which im back to just nemo (thats right just lost 50% of my stock)

I think im going to be getting rid of my 6065 and 6085, they did good before they went to the round style,

my wifes like you want a hug,

:( i haven't flushed a fish in a long long long time,

Any issues I've ever had with any Tunze product has always been resolved by Rodger at Tunze.
IMO Tunze is the top of the line in water movement.

thats the thing, is they have taken good care of me in the past, But obviously theirs some design flaw, i have 3 in my tank, and the two round ones are the one that are the problem with running backwards,

The older square one has been running for like 10 years with no problem at all... The round ones.. every few months i find them running backwards,

I've still got one Tunze left, (an older 6105), but I never had an issue with them spinning backwards, and I had 4 of them at one point.

I recently purchased a pair of Vortech's for one reason....maintenance.

It's a PITA to take the Stream out every so often for cleaning, with a Vortech, its just take the wet side out, replace it with a spare, and soak the old one for abit in vinegar. The following week, swap the other one out with the one you just cleaned....

Otherwise, I liked the Tunzes.

I wouldn't keep a PH if it killed fish every so often because it ran backwards, I'd call gripe some though lol

I've never even heard of Tunze's running backwards.
I have some 7+ year old 6105's that still work perfectly.

We had three 6065's and two would switch and start running backwards for no apparent reason so we eventually got rid of them.

yeah apperently its the 6065's problem... like i said i have a older 6080a (quare block) thats been running fine for ever,

its just the 6065's

they are gone as soon as the jebaoes get here

Back