So what's the deal if you want to get

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Damsel13

really good uncured live rock? I got some once ant won't , don't want to get anything less.!
Help!

It's fine to get un-cured rock. You'll just have to cure it in a seperate container so as to not cause your tank another cycle. Hope that's what you mean:)

alot of times it can have alot more life on it and in it..some of it can come with coral hitchhikers!!

Yes, Thank you.
I know it is alot more risky. From what I understand I have to run a whole different salt water system. I already started this and it is cycling with sand. Which will probably die. What I would like to know is do I need to replace ALL the water after it turns yellow or just keep flushing it with water? Yes I know it has to be the same temp and stuff. I like to experiment. You would probably say experiment with some less than premium rock. I say no. There is nothing like the diversity of life that came on that one piece of semicured lr that I got.

So I want to roll the dice
Ok, so I want to roll the die
P.S.
I find cured rock sitting around gets way more pests like aiptasias etc.
Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
it will be much dirtier with the sand in there...all the dieoff will fall into the sand..how long has the rock been in the tank??? i would do a very large water change as soon as the nitrates start showing up

Uncured also has its pests that can come along with it. You may find some shrimp that may some off it or also some nuisance algae. Did you put live or dead sand in there to cure it? Also is there already rock or no?

Matt

Back