Flower Petal Monti
MontiFlowPetal-1.jpg

Superman Monti
SuperMan2.jpg

Ich on Purple Tang (since healed)
PurpleIch.jpg

ORA Chips
Chips4.jpg

nice Greg what yah using to shoot? do u have a DT shot ? i was always curious what your tank looks like maybe i should visit nudge nudge :p

nice Greg what yah using to shoot? do u have a DT shot ? i was always curious what your tank looks like maybe i should visit nudge nudge :p

Thanks, I use a Canon Rebel with a Canon 100mm macro lens. Makes us amatuers look pretty good.

You are welcome to come by, just give me a heads up. I'm only a couple miles away. I generally work out of the home so have a pretty fexible schedule. I have several large SPS frags that I would be happy to trade if you have anything of interest to offer. I've got ORA Green Birdnest, Staghorn, Bright Green Slimer, Green Milli, Chips, Idaho Grape Monti or Sunset Monti and several more. Most are already mounted and doing well but some would need to be cut. Also have some Zoas adn Palys that are ready to frag. My tank is getting pretty full so i am mostly looking for rare SPS. In particular, I currently have a passion for corals with contrasting base and Polyps (like the Garf, Sunset Monti, Plum Crazy. Tri-Colors, etc.)

I also have a RBTA that just split so looking to trade or sell one of those. I just mounted some new frags and once they are stable, I will list all the frags I want to sell or trade.

Here is a partial FTS but the tank is only 6 months old so the coral and colers have not yet filled in. My last tank crashed after an extended power outage so I had to start over from zero.

MidTank.jpg

-Greg

Beatiful!!! Pro level pictures and very sweet corals you have. Thanks for sharing.

Beatiful!!! Pro level pictures and very sweet corals you have. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Thang. I picked up a few corals from you a few months ago and they are doing great (bi-color pollicipora, ORA green birdsnest, red digitata and a couple other montis.)

I saw you were selling some more frags but I was too slow to respond. When you have another frag of the Pearlberry or the Nana, I would love to buy one. Let me know.

Thanks,
Greg

Thanks Thang. I picked up a few corals from you a few months ago and they are doing great (bi-color pollicipora, ORA green birdsnest, red digitata and a couple other montis.)

I saw you were selling some more frags but I was too slow to respond. When you have another frag of the Pearlberry or the Nana, I would love to buy one. Let me know.

Thanks,
Greg

Hey Greg. Good to hear that the frags are doing good. I'll let you know soon whem I can frag those again :)

Nice pictures! Corals look great!

Thanks Brandy,

You may remember that I got the Garf Bonsai and the ORA Chips from you a few months ago along with several others that are all doing well (Idaho Grape, a nice neon green Slimer and a couple others). For some reason, I can't get the Paletta Blue to color up. It just stays a very pale blue. I've tried more light and less light but it doesn't seem to change. I use zeo light so maybe it likes a bit more nutrients. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Greg

Yeah, I remember selling the frags to you. They look great.

The paletta blue can change it's color drastically in different lighting/parameters. When we first got it, it was as blue as an oregon tort under 20Ks and kept that color for a while under reeflux 10K bulbs. Then it changed to have blue tips and a beige body with green and blue polyps. We're now running 20K radiums and the paletta blue looks its best right under the light. It's turning more blue again.

I would put it right under your halide and see how it does. The color change of the paletta blue is talked about a little here: http://www.garf.org/ScottCorals/scottSPS.html

The ora chips gets a really pretty turquoise/green base under high light too. In combination with the purple tips and hairy polyps, it's really pretty. It's a tabling coral though, so it's hard to want to put it at the top of the rockwork as it will eventually block light to any corals below.

Here's a pic of the pretty turquoise color it gets under high light. This pic came from reefready which is where I got the ora chips.
Chips20Acro20Big.jpg

My Chips just keeps getting hairy to the point that the base is blocked from the light. It is in lots of random flow so that may have something to do with it. The earlier pic was a month or so old. Here is a current one:

ChipsHairy.jpg

It looks kind of cool but you can't really see the nice blue of the base. I'm not sure if the excessive polyps are a good sign or a problem.

-Greg

Back