something new, id please

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bobt2

quick history. the rock is aquacultured fl keys. it's been in the tank 14 months and i deceided to do some late night viewing and found these. appear to be stars of some kind, very light sensitive and the body is deep in the rock and never comes out.

defintly not a brittle that I am used to seeing. I have hundereds of them in my tank and none of them have legs that look so ribbon like. Usually the larger brittles hang out under the rocks, not in their crevices. GL on getting a positive id.

Cool..... I have no clue.

I have lots of micro serpent stars but they definitely do not look like that.

I see three of them??? The largest center one appears to have 5 legs... an I correct? That definitely goes with the serpent star idea.

Maybe you started something new... now we will all be jealous and want one... that is if they are a good thing?

Candy

bob - I wonder if it is a type of spaghetti worm?

keokispaghworm2.JPG

I would have to agree with Boomer on this one, it is a micro brittle star just not the common variety..

Matt

boomer, thanks! i believe you hit the nail on the head. i found a picture on the web that looks like it, but the pic was from briton. at least i can sleep now.

Back