Source for Berlin replacement parts?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Berlin wall and skimmer, both came crashing down

Fignewton said:
Anyone know a good source for replacement parts for a Red Sea Berlin Classic?

Thanks in advance!

I hounded them for 2 weeks to get a replacement venturi. Finally got it. Just now modifying it with a different pump/venturi. ASM Sedra Skimmer Pump 5000 w/ Needle Impeller is in the mail. Hope it works well. Have heard that the Berlin Upgrade kit is not much of an upgrade and breaks down quickly.
Mike

Which skimmer to replace my Garbage Berlin classic?

Berlin with or without a good pump is garbage, plain and simple. My new sedra is awesome, the output from the berlin is minimal foam out the top and lots of bubbles from the water the outlet into the tank. The sedra overpowers a skimmer that the factory rated as up to 250 gallons. I restricted the input to the sedra and it is working a little bit better. Berlin classic is the worst skimmer for the most money. Oh well...

If anyone wants any free parts off of it before I toss it, OK, but I suspect you'd be better off with even the lowly sea clown or other "pretend skimmers" than a berlin. Better off yet with ANY decent skimmer

Here is the question: On a 90 with 150+ pounds of rock, sand (for now) fish and corals, what size of whar brand is most recommended. I have a sump to put it in and a multitude of pumps to run it. Power or needle.
Mike

p.s. Plack, I removed my trickle filter,
my how things have changed in the 2 decades!:oops:

Back