SPCDA Reef Society at SeaMax

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

For those members of our club, who may not be aware, our club will have a booth, at SeaMax, July 23-24th! So far, it's looking like Joanne, Aaron, Angie and myself will be working our club booth, representing our club, at this exciting event!! Anyone else interested?

We'll have a club aquarium, at our booth, to sell frags out of. Frags will be sold, directly by our club, as well as personally, by members of our club. Attending members, who would like to sell frags are asked to donate some time to working at our booth. A portion of personal frag sales will also be donated back to the club. After all, without the club, we'd have no booth! For members wishing to donate corals, to the club's sale, but unable to attend, please contact Joanne or myself. We both have tanks set up, with areas designated to hold donated corals, for SeaMax. So far, it's looking like our club is going to have a whole lot of frags available! Generous members, who have already donated many frags, will help us raise funds for, raffle items, for future meetings, among other things, and our summer BBQ. As far as I know, Joanne's tank is almost completely full of donated corals. I still have plenty of room in mine though. I know several of us are planning to sell corals, as well. I spent some time today, cutting frags, as well as several frags I'd cut a few weeks ago. Should have done this much sooner, to give them more time to heal and encrust, but time got away from me.

If you're still not involved, but would like to be, just let us know and we'd love to have your help and attendance!!

For more information, about SeaMax, please visit the Sea-Max website, SEA-MAX

For advanced ticket sales, including a discount, (discount deadline is July 14th), please reat the information, SeaMax has provided on our club forum, SEA-MAX PRESALE TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!

Let's have fun, representing our amazing club, at SeaMax this year!!

My frag tank is packed!!!! We are going to have a ton of great frags.... I see candycanes, frogspawns, milles, acros, pocis, zoas, birdnests.................. GALORE!!

The Spokane Coeur d' Alene Reef Society has got a pile of Eastside generosity to spread, as well as fun, at SEAMAX! :D

We're asking for volunteers, to help "man" the booth, at times, during this event. The other day, I spoke with Henry and Ashlie, who are planning to attend and are willing to help out with the booth. Joanne, Aaron, Angie and myself will also be among the volunteers. Anyone else out there interested?

As for SeaMax tickets, tomorrow is the deadline to get discounted tickets. For Presales tickets, and the available discount, please see this thread, SEA-MAX PRESALE TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!

Joanne, do we need to do anymore preparation, as far as transporting corals to Seattle and such? I'm debating on if I'm going to bag everything up, individually, or create stacking racks, in a cooler, to eliminate the need to bag everything. Thinking about buying one of those extra large, white coolers, on wheels. What are your plans for packaging, etc, to transport corals over?

I still haven't had any of the donated corals brought to me, so not sure if there will be anymore or not.

Ben, are you still going for the first day? If so, I assume you're transporting your corals over? If I'm not mistaken, I'm transporting corals home for you?

We'll be "Kid Free" and "Dog Free!" So will probably have extra room, to transport boxes, if needed! It'll just be Angie and I, in the Suburban.

Ya know...I have an empty 40 breeder that's not in use right now. I could always bring it over, as well, to use as our "back up" tank! Could even bring over my 36" 6 bulb Tek5 fixture, to light it with. I would need to buy more bulbs for it, but need to anyway. If that's something of interest, let me know in time, to order the bulbs!

hmmmm, i've got an old cooler set aside that I'm going to install an eggcrate rack in, and drill a couple of holes for electrical cords to go through for a heater and a circ pump - I'm thinking I can just set that one up at the site and we can use it to hold backstock in, and whatever else we want :D

I plan to leave around noon on friday, and then head out, so we should be on site around 5 or 6 - David also wants me to stop by and pick up a few higher end pieces to sell while we are over there as well, assuming I remember to call him...... So, thats my plan :D Well thought out?? likely not ;) hahaha

The last thing I need to do is print out a few flyers with info about the club and our sponsors - I have them designed, just need to print them and cut them out :D

But - ive got the bags, got the rubberbands, got the styro floaties, got the banner, got the corals, and got our names on our booth ninja passes (which we will pick up at the site) :D

Oh that reminds me, do I need to buy passes for myself and Angie, or just for Angie? Gotta get that done, before tomorrow!

Your plan is thought out a bit better than my own...lol. I'm leaning towards doing something similar!

We hope to leave pretty early, Friday morning, but we'll see how that actually works out!

Do we plan on getting prices of frags established, at the event, or prior?

I'll probably put together a print out, of the corals I'm bringing along, just to keep things straight in my own head, which is difficult, at best!

I've got your all access pass covered as a club employee - so just Angie :)

my inventory plan is a notepad - we are real high-tech here!!

as for pricing, i'm guessing we will just feel it out. I think you have a better idea as to what goes for what, so we can group things by price point and go from there. Of course the corals we are selling outright for the 25% donation to the club, the coral owner will need to tell us what the pieces are, and what price they want to collect, so we can markup the 25% and keep everyone happy

I will be going to Seamax for the first day, and already have some trading worked out, as well as some things to donate. I could transport corals to the event, but if you have room and don't mind, I might just send some with you since I will be leaving friday, but not actually going to the event until Saturday. That way things can be set up ahead of time, and will look better once people come to buy them!

Quick reminder!! Be sure to stop by SPCDA Reef Society's booth, at SeaMax! We're going to have TONS of corals available for sale! Everything from "beginner corals" to high end SPS and Zoanthids, along with quite a few LPS corals, will be available!! Looking forward to seeing lots of Reef Frontiers members, at SeaMax! Let's make this such a successful event, that they just have to make it an annual event!!

Here's a list of corals that I'll be bringing to SeaMax, approximately 70 frags.

Oregon Tort
ORA Red Planet
ORA Miami Orchid
Tyree Elias Blue Stag
Supernatural Montipora
Montipora setosa?
ORA Nathan's Green Millipora
Purple Acropora formosa
ORA Hawkins Echinata?
Tyree LE Purple Green Eyes Cyphastrea japonica?
ORA Orange Monti Cap
ORA Purple Rimmed Monti Cap
ORA Pink Birdsnest
Purple Montipora digitata
Purple Tipped Hammer Coral?
Green Hammer Coral?
Red Mushrooms
LA Laker Zoanthids
AOG Zoanthids
Acropora carduus
Acropora desalwii
Acropora caroliniana
Acropora longicyathus
Acropora divaricata

The ? are corals I'm unsure if I'll be bringing or not.

Adam, I'll also be bringing you a "Care Package" from myself, along with a couple other members of our club.

And to add to Michael's list.....

Joanne's personal coral stash at SEAMAX :heh:
A Hycinthus (8 )
ORA miami orchid (3)
A florida (3)
A lovelli (3)
ATL Rommel Rainbow (2)
LE Flower petal monti cap (a ton)
LE Strawberry field monti cap (a ton)
Idaho grape monti cap (a ton)
Couple of blasto merletti
Green plate coral

Plus the SPCDA Reef Society Club Inventory: :love:
Lunar Eclipse zoa colony
Pociliopora
Green & purple tip frogspawn
Yellow-ish frogspawn
Pink candycane
Yellow A. millipora
Bali tri-color acropora
Green slimer
Misc unnamed zoanthids (greens, blues, golds)
Purple death paly mini colony
Red/blue rhodactis
Green birdsnest
Pink birdsnest
Misc unnamed acros & browned out SPS specials ;) haha
Plus, some misc "mini sps frags" that are going to be priced to sell - rainbow birdsnest, A. valida, purple slimer, tri-color acro

So far, we've met lots of great people, got reaquainted with old friends, picked up a few new club sponsors and listened to Finding Nemo at least a dozen times!! We're looking forward to tomorrow, getting to meet even more wonderful people! Just a few moments ago, I spent some time visiting with a vendor, from Florida, who's sharing the same motel. Great group of people, at Coralgasm! There's a whole lot of very friendly vendors available, with all kinds of samples to give away, great advice and killer deals to be had!

Of course, I'm saving the best news for last...

With tomorrow being the last day of SeaMax, and with our club not wanting to transport corals home, come visit us for SLASHED PRICES, AND FREE FRAGS, with every purchase (while supplies last)!! Come help us go home, without any corals! We've got some amazing corals, including, but not limited to:

Lots of ORA Miami Orchid
Several Oregon Torts
ORA Red Planet
Red Acropora hyacinthus
Rommels Rainbow Millipora
Acropora florida
Tyree LE Purple Green Eyes Cyphastrea japonica
Bali Tri-Color
Purple Death Palys

and much much more...

Once again, SLASHED PRICES!

5969100300_94aef08b2d_b.jpg

i saw it there in person i just wanted to know who brought it because we had a pretty good conversation about it

Back