Spokane reefers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DaBrowns

I think it may be time to frag our candy cane. It is growing like gangbusters and now has some polyps that are pointing straight down toward the sand. It is slightly bigger than a softball.

Wondering if someone has anything LPS to trade a frag for...while coming over and showing me how it's done...since I've never done it before??!!
:D :D :D

I'd be happy to come over and buy a frag! I dont have anything that is big enought to frag, yet...

Hmmm I have a nice candycane frag. Are they the green on green? I have fragged one a couple of times but sure wouldn't call myself an expert. It was actually really easy. I snapped the skeleton like a wishbone. I now have a dremel tool I purchased specifically for fragging. I haven't got the chance to use it yet though...lol. As far as trade, I've recently fragged my Frogspawn and it still needs a lil' more time to heal before fragging it again but would be happy to offer you a frag when it's ready. I also have a newly acquired Torch Coral but don't know anything about fragging it so don't know if it's ready or not. I do have lots of softies that I could definitely frag. Let me know what you think!!

I do have lots of softies that I could definitely frag. Let me know what you think!!

Let's trade pic's...you post your fraggable softies...I'll post the candy cane when I get home...around 10am. as far as color goes...the polyps are pink and white.

I would love to see pics of that candy cane, what lites do you have them under?
I should be over on the 24th and I am gonna bring a bunch of stuff with me from my 80 and whatever is left in the 300. Let me know.

The pics will be up sometime around 10am Charlie. Are you taking your stuff to Aquatic Dreams? Are you breaking down a tank or something?

Here are the candy cane pix. I decided it would be safer for me (having never fragged before) and the coral to take it in to Kevin and have him give me a quick 101 course. the frags will be for sale or trade to those interested.

Charlie - I'd love to see what you have if you're selling any of it before taking it in...and sorry so hear you're taking it down.

Back