SPS help please!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lawyeradam

Hi all, I am seeing some discoloration on this SPS. Is it dying off? If so, what can / should I do? It originally had a button polyp touching where the discoloration is so I chopped it off / bye bye. But I'm seeing some little brown spots in other places and the edge that has the most discoloration seems to be getting worst. Help please!

Lights= HQI 150watt / 14k & 2 PC actinics. The bulb is about 2 months old, but was put in 2 weeks ago. The coral is monti (i do believe). It's near the top of the tank, measuered 12 inches from the light. Tank is 37 gallon cube w/ 10 gallons in the fuge/sump. I did a 15 gallon water change last week using HM Marine Mix salt. Chiller on tank - 76 degrees. Thx!Premium

Private message

Last edited:
is that a montipora? have you checked to see if you have any pests especially the monti eating nudi? is all your other sps okay?

i took it in to a LFS with water sample (actually went to 2 different stores) and the consensus is that I'm way low on calcium and the ph was too low. I ended up with some kalkwasser supp to dose. I hope that helps!

Back