SPS?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tri_pod_rod

alright everyone i have had sps for a while in my tank now and want to know does anyone try things that they have heard from other reefers that improve the health and overall look of there stature if so im open for ideas. The only thing that i heard from someone was that if you take off your protien skimmer cup at night and let it run that way tell the morning i guess all the good stuff stays in the tank and dosnt get skimmed out, is this true? has anyone heard of this or similar.

im going to tag along on this one i would like to hear some "tips" or "tricks" to keeping sps nice and bright/healthy besides what we already know like good lighting and water perams. lol

so no one wants to give up the secret to healthy sps huh.....will eventually someone well.

It really just depends on the sps your talking about. Give them what they want and they will thrive! Light, proper levels of calcium, mag, and alk, and keep nitrates next to nothing.

Others might have their own "tricks" but I just give them what they want and have great results. Good luck!

Corals don't need to touch to harm one another. They can chemically harm one another and this is called allelopathy. Many corals can kill corals at quite a distance, even in the ocean. Leather corals and many other soft corals are notorious for this. GSP can be one of the worst.

Also, in my first response, I didn't just mean "without touching." Corals that touch one another, certain crabs, even some snails and a lot of fish will harm SPS corals. There's lots of critters that our corals don't want around

been doing both for years with no problem, just dial in a ca reactor run a carbon reactor keep stable temp feed heavy varations of food test water hammer with light and repeat

random chaotic flow for sps
stable parameters especially temperature
backup power when there is none

Back