Squeeg's 55g soon to be reef + 20g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

squeeg

I have had my 55g up for a little over a year, but was housing just cool fish. A friend of mine thought he would torture me by placing a coral in there....I am hooked! I had to get rid of my dogface puffers cause they got too big so since then, I am slowing getting my system moving to a reef tank. I am limited on setups due to being on a 3rd story of an apartment building. Below are pics of some of my corals...might need some help identifying them..

20g -New Setup
1 small blue damsel
1 Horned Cowfish
1 Yellow Cubicus
Live Sand & Rock
1 AquaticLife Mini Skimmer 115
1 Aquaclear 70 filter
1 Heater

55g -

1 Bicolor Angel
1 Coral Beauty Angel
3 Pajama Cardinals
1 Yellow Tang
1 small blue damsel
1 CPR Protein Skimmer duel chamber HOB
1 Aquaclear 70 filter
2 flow jets
1 Heater
10 crabs
Lots of Live Rock & Live Sand

Soon ( like in 2 days) 4 Metal Haliode 14k lighting system, with moonlight LEDS

Last edited:
Easiest way to post pictures is to use a service like photobucket. Just upload your pictures and copy and past teh code. This way you don't have to play the resizing game.

Just in case you didn't already know :)

Please be careful with the cow and box fish. They can release toxins when under stress or when they die and can nuke your tank (including them selves) They can also grow pretty large.

Keep those updates coming, off to a good start

Easiest way to post pictures is to use a service like photobucket. Just upload your pictures and copy and past teh code. This way you don't have to play the resizing game.

Just in case you didn't already know :)

Please be careful with the cow and box fish. They can release toxins when under stress or when they die and can nuke your tank (including them selves) They can also grow pretty large.

Keep those updates coming, off to a good start[/QUOTE]

Well, Sunday I woke up and everyone was doing fine..... 2 hours later all fish were dead. Took my water to Sierra to have it tested and they stated I took a critical PH drop down to 7.0 from where I had it at 8.4. I didnt lose any corals, thank god! Do you think the Cubicus and Cowfish had something to do with this? I have had tank up for a really long time with no issues at all. Only recent addition was the Cubicus, and this happened 2 days later.

Well, Sunday I woke up and everyone was doing fine..... 2 hours later all fish were dead. Took my water to Sierra to have it tested and they stated I took a critical PH drop down to 7.0 from where I had it at 8.4. I didnt lose any corals, thank god! Do you think the Cubicus and Cowfish had something to do with this? I have had tank up for a really long time with no issues at all. Only recent addition was the Cubicus, and this happened 2 days later.

I would agree with others that its likely to be the boxfish. The Ph drop could have stressed it and then it released its toxins :( Sorry to hear about your fish, but good to hear the corals pulled through. Silver lineing.

Back