Stange centipede?!?!?!?!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

KRYPTICOL

I found this centipede looking guy on some macro today. Had antenae off the head that made it look like a T or a cross and then a blackish body maybe 1/2" much like a centipede... haven't been able to locate a pic anywhere on the web, so I thought I'd ask the world here.

I'll try to get a pic, if I have some luck, I'll come back and post it!
Thanks for any help you may have!

i have a lot of the IPSF goood bristles, and this was not like then at all, I;ll check into some other varieties...
I have seen it again yet. If I do I'l try to grab a pic!
Thanks for the reponses!

.......tagging along for when a photo is posted. If you do see it again, try and take it out of the tank for a picture in a separate container. It might help to get a good pic of it, and also to see details.

Sounds like a Eunicid....like mine was....

p_067_l.jpg

that think looks huge...ik wouldn't care if it didn't hurt anything in the tank, i would throw it out

I haven't caught a glimpse again yet... it wasn't really worm-like...it was more like a scorpion than a worm, except instaead of pinchers it looke like antenae....
I'm continually searching for it as time and patienc allows, and have all the neccesary gear to geta pic and/or catch right there...
We'll see...hopefully:)

ya know...look back at Eunice type pic'd above it does appear to have the antenea like i saw...could be...do they seem to "walk" on the bristles along the sides of them?

KRYPTICOL said:
ya know...look back at Eunice type pic'd above it does appear to have the antenea like i saw...could be...do they seem to "walk" on the bristles along the sides of them?

Yes they do. I suggest looking at night with a flashlight as they are nocturnal....searching for anything that their voracious appitite can find.....ricordea, zoos, really any soft coral, cats, dogs, small children....etc.

ROFL - Steve, I'm surprised your Eunicid didn't attempt to eat you when you caught it. I'm with Sherman....that thing gives me nightmares every time I see its photo.

Back