• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Stark LED Fixtures are available

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

declivis

May The Fish Be With You
just thought we would let ya all know we brought in a couple of the Stark 60w LED fixtures

some of the features:
CREE XP-E and XP-G 3w LEDs
fan (variable speed)
seperate dimmers for the blue and white
80 degree convex lenses
3 year limited warranty

and the best part?....they retail for only $349.99, not too shabby for a controllable fixture

(sorry i couldn't find a better pic, but ya get the idea)
starkled-60w-cree-led-ver2.0_1.png

Wait Iron man is making LED fixtures?????

Sorry...I just couldn't help myself. These are a pretty good deal especially when you consider MH Ballast (100+) Bulb 80-100 and reflector 100+ easy and you are withing 50 bucks of one of these.

when you say 'controllable', does that mean something like the Apex can auto dim-brighten them?

I have these on my tank and they have a controller dimmer. Each set of white and blue are on separate plugs and dimmers so you can manually dim them. You should be able to control them with the apex controllers. I am running 3 of these on my 60x24x24 reef. Love them.

how do the darn hangers work? I just got one of these things at BR today!

Last edited:
how do the darn hangers work? I just got one of these things at BR today!

When I opened one up to light it and check the controllability function I didn't look at the hanging gear. Maybe Chris can post more info Monday as I won't be back in the shop until Tuesday. Maybe fishoutofwater will see this and follow up. Sorry wish I could help faster!

its all good...i got it in working condition now! LOL
Just had to turn the cables to make loops....put a 2x4 through it and bam! Hangin light!!!!

i put the clips into the fixture, and used the S hooks to secure it to a shelf above the tank. 4 cables per light.

It comes with the cable pully hangers. Its a 4 piece set if i remember right. The smaller cables have hook clips and they both attatch to the one side of the light then there is a longer cable that has a cylinder that the cable runs thru then adjust to right hight. This is duplicated on both sides. Looks like an upside down y? The cylinder you drill a hole in the canopy and the cylnder pops in the hole and you pull cable to adjust height of light the. Tighten screws to secure. Kinda hard to explain but if you lay it all out you can get the idea. Hope this helps

ya it helps....but it didnt come with everthing i dont thinks....no extra cables or Y cables. Just the ones on the fixture and all the lil wierd pully things!

The cables are not y shaped. They are straight cables with clips on both ends. Each end clips to the fixture on one side. Then the other cable attaches to that one.

okay well it only came with the cables with the clips on it! So im still out a cable! I just turned em and made loops with the cable! It worked out!

Back