Starry Blenny Public Enemy Number 1

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Zechirian

WOW!

I thought these guys were fairly peaceful and got along with everything... within reason. Boy howdy was i wrong. In my 120, i added a 3" Starry Blenny and he took off right after my midas blenny (this i realize was a roll of the dice), but i'd hope they would settle on each side of the tank or at least come to an understanding. Nope... the midas has been up on the Jebao's and Flipper cleaner since the Starry made his entrance.

Victim #2... my FOX FACE. First off my foxface is an extremely passive fish and super skiddish, however today I noticed he has a HUGE bite mark in his side... now i only have small tangs, dwarf angel, wrasse, midas (he's 3" but tiny mouth) and clowns... so that only meant the stubborn old man starry.

I sat down at watched the tank today and i saw the fox face swimming nicely and BOOM out of the rocks comes the starry and bites him again. :der: Could not believe it. But that sealed his fate.

Luckily i was able to pull the rock out that the starry sleeps in and he's now in my sump... if anyone wants to make a trade or take in a starry blenny let me know or he's going to a store tomorrow. UGH! I loved the look but he ended up being too thug life for me.

Thanks! :)

Today it seemed like an entirely new tank, everyone was out and swimming around. I only saw the starry attack twice but he must have been must more of a crazed fish than I thought.

dah well, found him a new home at a local shop... now on to the fun stuff!

Back