Start a Want Be Buy Forum!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

firefishred

Reef Frontiers should start a Want To Buy forum for those who post WTB threads under the Equipment For Sale (or Free) and the Livestock For Sale (or Free) forums. This might help those looking for an item! Just a suggestion:)

I second that. Maybe include in the WTB.. WTT (Want to Trade):idea:.. I like Tradin'! Trades are a bit easier on the pocket book!:rolleyes:

third here. that's one reason i became a registered member. living here in the middle of nowhere saltwater is rare let alone reefs. having a WTB section seperate from the for sale/trade would simplify searching through tons of stuff.

This would be a Fantastic Idea....for those of us who are seeking things in particular,such as we are....would make things much easier!!!

You can send Chuck a PM or put it in a suggestion box & see what happens. It would be easy to add, it they think it is worthy.

Sounds like a neat idea to me, maybe a combined livestock and equipment "WTB" rolled into one.

I think this might also help the Moderator's with the huge number of threads in both forums.I love the trade idea:) It would be nice to get something you might need for the stuff you dont use in the fish room!

I know there are some that want a separate forum dedicated to 'want to buy". However I need to take that step back and ask myself, why did I create this site to begin with. And I always come back to:

1. Reefkeeping information sharing
2. Reefkeeping resource of information
3. Coral identification gallery for those looking to investigate corals for their tanks
4. Fish identification gallery for those looking to investigate fish for their tanks
5. And a slew of information resources where people can just go and read and gather information they want (as in our resource library).

I have to be honest that the last things on my list for this site is to be a source of buying, selling, trading, or in other words a classified ad site for reefkeeping. I did provide a couple of areas on the site to be able to do this function because we all know it is inevitable that people want or have to get rid of equipment and livestock.

Since this is not my number one goal of this site, not even high on the list, I prefer to leave the for sale areas as they are right now. As a matter of fact, most of the moderating ends up being in these areas for some reason. Pricing feuds, feuds about individuals buying or selling, etc. There is nothing to stop a poster for putting WTB in their subjects to let others know that they are looking for something in particular.

This may be an unpopular decision but that is where I am at this point.

hmmmm..

And he has spoken.

bummer.

"Why do I feel a little kid that just got told no?":rolleyes:

What I dont understand is without the right Equipment all livestock would suffer, We all need the right Equipment to make our tanks healthy so individuals can share info. and ask questions about livestock!!!

What I dont understand is without the right Equipment all livestock would suffer, We all need the right Equipment to make our tanks healthy so individuals can share info. and ask questions about livestock!!!

If it is equipment info you need to keep a healthy reef, that is what our equipment discussion forum is for. Please visit that forum to discuss any specific equipment questions you may have to keep your reef healthy and thriving.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61

That doesn't mean we need a wanted to buy forum once your investigation on proper equipment has been conducted.

The equipment discussion forum is great and so is Reef Frontiers:). I just wanted to make a suggestion to maybe make it alittle better and I got my answer TY MtnDewMan:)

True that! RF is a solid place for Reef-keeping (In the name if you never noticed LOL)
We base our forum on that belief & goal & acknowledge that somehow selling used equipment & stuff benefits others that can't afford the expensive stuff. This said, it leaves windows of problems & disagreements as mentioned by Chuck, we constantly have disagreements in that forum. If you look at it from the sellers side, he wants as much as he can get for that expensive item he paid for, the potential buyer looks at it as used & values drop so fast for this sort of thing it is unreasonable for this person to ask so much for such an Item. This quickly starts in flames, disagreements etc & totally destroys what RF is all about in the first place. My passion is to help others get a better start than I had, & at the same time we all try to learn & progress as things evolve to the better but only through testing & trials do we peruse the new advances because we know & trust that they will work. The same goes for selling, trading & wanting to buy. We never shun anyone for not knowing, asking the same questions over & over daily, wanting to sell things to upgrade, wanting to buy things that new we couldn't afford or try to buy things used we don't see for sell. Chuck has very firm rules & goals but for good reason, he keeps RF what RF is & has been from day one, a true reefing community.
As I mentioned, suggestions or questions are welcomed to the staff & Chuck as we Do consider them but never feel like your not welcomed to try & for that you get an A++ LOL, that is what makes RF what It is, so understand that & the rest will work itself out, post your needs & wants & if it is available It should work out for you.

I have to agree i have made good deals on here at the same time had sold things cheap and traded as well,but at the subject above i believe we need to remind people no to be so post happy,not to dis from being here but to look harder like seeing for sale skimmer fits 110 gal.......followed up three linesWTB skimmer for my 110 ?????I THINK THIS WOULD HELP TO PREMOTE PEOPLE TO SELL THERE OWN STUFF TO OTHERS NEEDING !

Back