Stealth pro heater recall

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I KNEW I should have kept my broken Stealth heater... (but I was so disgusted with it, after it broke open and started a near-total reef crash)--it went straight into the trash, never wanted to see it again!

If you have a 100W, 200W or 250W Stealth pro heater Petsmart will give you instore credit for it.

I saw the first post - and only - post bout this on NR. The real "pisser" is I got mine at Petsmart using my supposedly registered "rewards" card - I got ZERO notification - email or otherwise. Fortunately I also had zero hassle doing the return.

Wow I still have abroken 100w. I guess I can go get it replaced for a new heater to use when I mix water.

Any ideas on the lot numbers or serial numbers that are affected by this. I have 2 of the 200 watters that are 4 years old. I cant find any information about the ones that are affected.

As long as they are the stealth pros I don't think it matters.

The Marineland customer service contact info is posted in the letter lined on the first post in this thread. I printed the letter and brought it with me to Petsmart -the return was easy-breezy.

I wondered why my Stealth always would go above the rated temperature. I would have the thing set at 74-75* and i would come home one day and it would be more like 85*!

I got that message today too. I have not had problems with mine, but I will be contacting them tomorrow.

Back