Stenner pumps

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spieszak

Anyone running one? Experiences/Opinions? I hear the only downside to them is the noise. Anyone know how much noise we're actually talking about?

I'm considering a dual head for "continuous" water changes. I'm not looking to have "ALL" my water change done this way, as I still need to do regular maintenance like blowing off the rocks and beating back the pests, but I would love to do some automatic changes in between my normal 2 week schedule, or possible move my normal 2 week to monthly.
The stenners are one of the few options I've found in a reasonable price range (with decent feedback) with dual heads, so there is less chance of problems with calibration issues... One motor, two heads is more likely to keep things in synch in my opinion, and less likely to be something I have to mess with... other than replacing tubing on a 6 month or more basis.

so, just to clarify... what i'm concerned with is that for the small amount of time it would be running, the noise would be overwhelming. I would guess i'd run it mid day, so I would likely only be around to hear it on the weekends... i don't care about some noise, just don't want to be able to hear it from another room...

Getting close to actually starting to plan this, so I'm bumping this up. Would like to hear opinions/experiences if anyone has any....

Back