Stingray Room Pictures

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dave 777

Stingray guy
Reef Frontiers is a cool place. I've got to meet and know alot of members here. I currently do not keep a salt tank. I tried for a bit but it didn't work out how I had planned. I have recieved quite a few requests to post a thread with pictures of my stingray room even though it is freshwater, so here goes.

I built a room in my garage just for my fish tanks. There are two 450 gallon custom built acrylic tanks. They measure 72x72x20. Yes 6ft by 6ft! They were built by TruVu. The filter is a 140 gallon tank that I chopped the top off of and made my own wet/dry filter. I made the stands as well (I build houses for a living) They are 4x6 treated with 2x6 joists every 12". The system has a constant water change system. I change 150 gallons everyday. The water is filtered by a two stage whole house filter. First stage is a sediment filter, second stage is a carbon drinking water filter. I heat the tanks with about 1500 watts of heater right now. The pump is a ampmaster 4500. For lighting I use two nice stainless shop lights from Lowe's. Stingrays do not require alot of light so these work fine and are very inexpensive. I have 11 rays right now. 5 are adult size (13-17" round) and 6 are juvenille size (6-10")Here are the pictures. Enjoy!

Even more.....

Attachments

• fish room 013.jpg
    fish room 013.jpg
    60.8 KB
that is really cool. rays are my favorite, freshwater or saltwater doesnt matter. now if i could build a tank big enough for a manta that would be the ultimate! anyone out there breeding mini mantas?

Back