Sucess stories about keeping different clowns in tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

happyface888

I am curious is there a single person who has kept mixed clowns in a tank with no problems?

I use to keep a pink skunk, with a pair of perc., but I dont recommend it, cause with the time the female perc, became really agressive.

I tried a maroon once with a pair of percs and the maroon got beat the snot out of by the bigger female perc. The maroon was slightly bigger than it was though....

I am trying mutiple pairs of ocellaris, a black pair and a regular orange pair, not sure what will happen. People keep saying it cant be done. Its been 1 month, the dominant pair are the orange ones they must have a stronger gene pool, they have evicted the black pair from their anemone unitl the lights go out then they all sleep together.

I`ve mixed a Clarkii with Ocellaris before . I currently have four Ocellaris juveniles with a pair of Black Saddle Backs with no problems . I have a pair of Perculas with some B&W Ocellaris and seem to be ok . I have been lucky gambling with mixing clowns , but I recommend not doing this unless you are willing to risk your money away . Also if you do , better have an extra tank in case you need to seperate them . Each fish has different personalities and might fight till death .

Back